The Scent of Creativity

Just some ramblings from a mother of two teenagers...wife of over 17 yrs...and zoo keeper to over 13 fur babies!!!! I also run a business making homemade soaps, lotions, lip balms, candles & more!

Wednesday, November 5, 2008


What a historic night! And I am so proud to have been a part of it. My decision to vote for Barack Obama didn't come easy. When the candidates first started their campaigns...I was a die hard Hillary Clinton fan. I loved her hubby and wanted so much to see them back in the white house. But here was this charismatic senator from Illinois, that I remembered from his key note speech at the Democratic convention 4 years ago. I remembered being moved by his words.....but truly never thought I would hear from him again. So, on November 4th, 2008, I woke up early, got to the polls by 9am, and placed my vote. I am a proud American this morning. I think he will bring about the change that this country so desperately needs. And I pray that all the haters, will at least give him a chance. I hope they understand that there is a long road ahead for President Obama. We did not get in this mess over night, and it will take several years to put our country back together again....but I believe "Yes We Can!"

Labels:

2 Comments:

At November 5, 2008 at 11:30 AM , Blogger Brianne Newsome said...

I voted for McCain....and had a slightly sick feeling last night when Obama won.

I will admit....I got up early this morning, watched part of his acceptance speech last night....and did get a feeling of hope and a feeling that the DOES have the interest and hope of the future of America completely on his agenda.

I will give him a chance. He is my president elect and I will respect and support him! :)

 
At November 5, 2008 at 6:07 PM , Blogger Jenny said...

Bri, thank you for having such a positive attitude. I'm sure he will have his struggles, but I believe in my heart that he will do great things!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home